Join Ornithologist Dr David Paton AM for a fun, engaging and informative bird banding session at Frahns Farm this August.
Note: All spots have been filled, but please feel free to join the waitlist.
Bird banding involves fitting bands with unique numbers onto the legs of wild birds. Once banded, the lives of individual birds can be tracked through time. We use this technique to determine how birds are using revegetated woodland habitat in South Australia.
Please note, there is a maximum of 10 people per session.
- Session 1: Saturday 12th August, 9:00am – 11:00am
- Session 2: Saturday 12th August, 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Session 3: Saturday 12th August, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Session 4: Sunday 13th August, 9:00am – 11:00am
- Session 5: Sunday 13th August, 11:30am – 1:30pm
- Session 6: Sunday 13th August, 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Meet us at the corner of Frahns Farm Rd and Frahn Lane near Monarto.
What to bring:
- Boots for walking and pants for leg protection
- Other clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Sun protection (hat and sunscreen), sufficient water, snacks & lunch and a backpack to carry your things.
- There are no bathroom or kitchen facilities onsite, nor shelter.
- There will be walking involved, so good shoes and a backpack are recommended.
- We’ll be going ahead rain, hail or shine
We look forward to seeing you on-site!