Pitfall Trapping is a great way to get hands on with our local native animals while researching wildlife in our restoration site in Monarto!
Are you fascinated by our native wildlife and would like to get a little more acquainted? BioR is once again conducting pitfall trap surveys at Frahns Farm, Monarto.
This is a unique opportunity to get up close with our amazing mammals, reptiles and creepy crawlies, and see how wildlife research is done!
No experience is necessary and families are welcome. We’d love your help, but places are limited so book early!
Date: Sunday 28th November 2021
Time: 7.30am – 10.30 am (earlier safer for the animals to avoid to heat)
Location: Frahns Farm, Monarto (more details in registration confirmation email)
Other bits and pieces
Places are limited to 20 people. If you’re bringing anyone who’s under 18, there’s no need to register them (though please do let us know if you’re bringing your kids so that we have an idea of how many to expect).
If places are filled you can add your name to a waiting list for cancellations.
Start times are subject to hot weather. If high temperatures are forecast, the morning sessions will start earlier. You will be contacted before the day if this occurs.
Can’t make it anymore?
We understand if something else comes up, but as our events typically fill up, please cancel your registration so that we can free up spaces for other people to attend. Find out how to access your order here to ‘request a refund’ here or email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
What to bring:
- Boots for walking and pants for leg protection – it’s a good time of the year for snake activity!
- Other clothing appropriate for the weather.
- Sun protection (hat and sunscreen)
- Sufficient water, snacks & lunch and a backpack to carry your things.
- There are no bathroom or kitchen facilities onsite, nor shelter. However, you can access public toilets at the nearby Monarto Sporting Complex at the end of Hartmann Rd, or at Callington Oval.
- There will be walking involved, so good shoes and a backpack are recommended.
- We’ll be going ahead rain, hail or shine!
More info will be sent to your registration email in the lead-up to the event.
We look forward to seeing you on-site!